Thursday, February 2, 2012

Snow Day? sNOw Way!

Wah wah. Cheesy title, but that's what happens when the promise of a snow day gets taken from me. In mid January, we got a little bit of snow, with the promise of many more inches to come. After seeing the first small round of snow, I was foolish enough to believe the weather reports of a "definite" snow day. I peeked through the window blinds throughout the evening, watching the snow falling heavily and accumulating on the ground. As I headed to bed that night, I took one last look out the window at all the snow, snuggled into bed and imagined all the fun I would have with the boys the next morning. It was reminiscent of many a nights growing up as I went to bed crossing my fingers of waking up to a day full of sledding, snowmen and hot cocoa. But, as is also reminiscent of my childhood, I woke up to quickly melting snow, clear roads and no snow day in sight. Darn those warmer temperatures ruining all my fun!

_011812_22192

While I didn't get the big snow day I had imagined, we did manage to make it out in the first small round of snow. We took a walk around the neighborhood, taking some time to throw a few melty snowballs and catch snowflakes on our tongues before heading back in to warm up and watch the snow fall.

_011512_22050 copy

_011512_22053

_011512_22061 copy

_011512_22074 copy

_011512_22109 copy

_011512_22086 copy

_011512_22123 copy

_011712_22128

_011712_22132 copy
Poor Tilly! She was itchy and wouldn't stop biting, so off to the vet we went for a checkup. She came home with meds, a cone on her head and a shaved back end. She seems to be doing much better, but she kind of looks like a dog that walked in off the streets!

_011712_22143 copy

_011712_22148 copy

And heading to school (for Owen) and the dentist (for Henry) on the day before our "big snow day". I guess we should have stayed home and treated that as our snow day!

_011712_22170

_011712_22179

photo (5)-1

No comments:

Post a Comment