Saturday morning, we headed out for a walk and explored a new playground. The playground seemed to be designed for older kids, so it was a little scary for Mommy watching Henry explore. But, we managed to find plenty of Henry sized things to play on and we had a ton of fun.
The only way to the slides was to rock climb, which Henry did very well. I can't say I was disappointed when he decided the bigger slide was a little to fast and bumpy and he wanted to stick to the smaller (and much closer to the ground!) slide.

Henry and Owen loved the merry-go-round (or whatever the updated rope version would be called). Just looking at it made my stomach turn, so I opted to just take pictures and not try it out myself. I used to ride those things for hours, but motion sickness has apparently gone hand in hand with motherhood for me. No teacups for me!


More exploring . . .





Henry was even kind enough to catch Owen on his first time down the slide!




And no park experience would be complete without swings! It was Owen's first time and he loved it! So much so that he actually managed to fall asleep.






Gorgeous view of Mt. Hood from the park . . .

And Owen continued his nap in the stroller for the walk home.



The boys did so well for the morning, that we even tempted fate by eating out for lunch at Burgerville. Fully expecting the worse, I was pleasantly surprised by 2 perfectly behaved boys throughout the entire meal! (So surprised, that I didn't even bring the camera in). Maybe we can mingle with the outside world after all! And, as a reward for behaving so well, we made a stop at the car wash on the way home. Yep, we've got some fancy rewards in the Reagan household! Henry was so excited, and even Owen was entertained by all the action in the car wash.


More fun was in store after naps. We brought out the ball pit balls from Henry's first birthday and filled up his Cars 2 tent. We can have so much fun when he's in a listening and well behaving type of mood! Any hints on how to get a 2 year old to listen all the time? For now, I'll just enjoy those moments that we do get and take deep breaths in his stubborn moments.




And today, we headed to the zoo for some more fun in the sun. We must have done something right, because we had another wonderful day. Henry stuck right next to the stroller (or in it), and held our hands every time we asked. Owen happily hung out in the stroller people watching and we were able to have an enjoyable, low stress outing. Can't ask for much more!





The animals were all out enjoying the sun too. This was some of the best views I've had of most of the animals.









Time to head home for a rest!
This weekend was amazing and just so much fun, it was completely worth a few extra piles around the house and a few days further behind on the blog!
I'm impressed. Pretty quick turn around with this post! What a perfect weekend!
ReplyDelete