Henry loves to hold his brother (when the mood strikes him) and is very good at it! He's gentle with Owen, supports his head and politely tells us he's all done when he wants us to pick up Owen. Much better than shoving him off the couch as I was afraid a 2 year old might do. And even more heartwarming is Henry's request that I take their picture when he holds him! What more could a mama want? And so take pictures I have! As I was organizing the pictures, I realized how much Henry's hair has grown (time for a haircut!) and how much hair Owen has lost. And now, for the pictures . . .
Henry and Owen at the end of July . . .







And in August (Owen at 1 month) . . .

Henry helping with Owen's tummy time in mid-August . . .

Henry and Owen at the end of August . . .





And yesterday . . .


And last (at least for now), Henry and Owen in their Duck gear. They weren't up for the first photoshoot, but Nate was nice enough to try again and get them in better moods!



And now for the "more" part of the post. One of Henry's latest things is to turn on all the lights in the house. He goes from light switch to light switch with his step stool, turning each one on and proclaiming, "I did it!" Yes, yes, you did do it. (And don't try turning off lights behind him, because he notices every time and lets you know it was NOT OK). Watching him do this is one part frustration (because why is he so set on turning on every light) and one part pride (it's so amazing to me how much he's learning everyday and it's really neat to watch him put it all together to solve his own "problems"). For now, the pride part outweighs the frustration, so I let him continue his mission to light up the house one switch at a time.


Some miscellaneous Owen pictures . . .




And today Henry met his friend Claire at OMSI (you'll have to trust me she was there, they were always running in opposite directions, so I didn't get any pictures of the two of them). He loved exploring all the exhibits, so I think this might be the perfect winter time activity!

No comments:
Post a Comment